Sunday, March 21, 2021

"Good old Udemy" (not)

 Good old Udemy.


I was unable to submit tax paperwork because the submission process failed many times over the course of some weeks.


Now that I need a 1098/99 for tax purposes, they haven't sent one, and can I get any help? No. I've written to the instructor team (twice) but cannot get a word from them. Yet the address seems to be good. So my taxes are waiting on Udemy.


Now Udemy is changing their financial arrangements, from 50% to 37% to instructors for sales not driven by instructor coupons. While they say this is the average for instructors, I don't use Udemy's kamikaze marketing, so it's just taking money out of my pocket. "Screw you again, instructor" says Udemy.


Time to look at some of these other education sites, I suppose.

Added later: I wrote to the OLD support address, and got an automated message that amounted to "support is now automated, we don't respond to emails". Too bad the newer address didn't respond. 

No comments:

"Always do right--this will gratify some and astonish the rest."Mark Twain
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exup'ery

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." Albert Einstein

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle